Tuesday, January 30, 2018

THE TRUTH OF FLESH.

The Truth of Flesh

Truth is wrought of flesh.
Bones are mixed with temptation.
The burning, the yearning of simplicity
Is an era that is long forgotten.
Do not speak to me of your words.
Do not call to me in the dead of night,
Asking me stupid questions.
Speak now herein, forever and after,
The light that lights my way.
Some people are afraid of living.
Some people just wish to die,
And have their corpses be tossed
Into the shores of unreason.  You never
Listened to me in the first place,
You never cared, I explained to the furnace
One morning before going to work.
It was making funny noises and I hadn’t
Gotten any sleep that night. 
I didn’t think it needed to be fixed, it just
Needed to be by itself for awhile.
Sometimes the truth can smash you in
The butt.  I was always the creative one,
The one who could draw the art, the one
Who was always living.
Truth makes us live, just like, sometimes,

It makes us die.

No comments: