Saturday, January 20, 2018

From the Beginning.

From the Beginning

I have told him from the beginning
That he does not have to alienate me
From all his friends, that they have a purpose,
That they are there for a reason.
Sometimes I am bitter about them, perhaps
Because he has more than me and mine are
So few and far between.  Perhaps I am nonchalant,
And do not want to make myself known like
An introvert would.  I do not see the seed of
Redemption like every other person does,
Or every person will.  Destiny is for the strong,
And by strong, I mean they are not weak as
Kittens, that they can take a hit and still stand
Tall and strong, that nothing is bigger than
The need to survive, even if they never get
Their dreams.  Some people never get their dreams.
I see him standing now in the bathroom,
Quietly wasting his days at a job he does not like,
With an education he could not even afford,
But still the need to have him is strong in me,
And I take comfort in knowing he will never leave,
That we will be strong together as we are apart,
Because we are never apart for very long.
All the parties he attends mean nothing to me,
It is his strength which drives me still,

His strength in me and always will.

No comments: