Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Rigged Space.

Rigged Space

Shadows moving overhead,
Longing for a prince of peace.
Airplanes drop from rigged space.
Zooms of silence fail.
A doppelganger moves in the midst,
And I am waiting for my husband
At the laundry mat.  Suddenly
My cell phone screams at me,
And I am startled, awakened to doom.
I need to settle the score.
Someone has awakened my conscious.
The snow has stopped falling for five
Seconds flat; I saw it in a dream last night,
Along with my naked husband, throwing
Flowers on my warped grave.
Being dead is like being thrown from
An overpass, you never know which way you
Will flop.  The grass is greener over here,
But I didn’t know which way to go.
The darkness is like my only friend,
Telling me to go here or there.
I listen to the silence of my own thoughts,
And I wonder again why things are the way
They are, why the world is the way it is,
Why shadows march upon my blank

Page.

No comments: