Monday, December 25, 2017

When I Went To the Mountains.

When I Went To the Mountains

That night, I went camping under the stars
On top of a mountain.
It was breathtakingly beautiful and the air was so
Fresh and clean. 
I had brought my canteen and my backpack
Full of goodies, including a flash light and a small
Tent.
I packed everything the night before.
I had worn my extra pants and a wool sweater,
My hands were clad in gloves.
This is the first time in months that I had gone
Anywhere. 
I would like my life to be full of purpose,
Not to be an experimental drug,
Or full of noise pollution.
I would like to see nature to its fullest potential,
From on top of a mountain,
Looking down.
When I went to the mountain, I saw mountain goats
And birds, flying so high and fast I wondered
Where they were off to in such a hurry.

The night is full of bright white stars.
I pitch my tent in a spot that I feel is the best.
Then I build a fire and set up my tent.
This is my first night out on the mountain,
And I want it to the be best.
I remember getting ready for my trip,
And saying goodbye to all my friends and family.
They acted like I was going to China,
But I am only thirteen miles away from my
House.

I wanted to be out in the middle of nowhere,
Looking at the stars and dreaming of something I knew
I could reach, if I simply tried hard enough.
That was what happened when I went to the mountain.


No comments: