Sunday, December 31, 2017

In Silence.

In Silence.

The sound of silence is long.
It lasts 24 hours if you are by yourself.
The silence is deafening; it does not let you sleep;
It will not die. 

So in silence you sit and wait and
You do not sleep, and lovers lie, and thoughts
Do not.  Some thoughts bend like sound waves.
Some thoughts are like kryptonite, hard and
Shattering.  The ground is shattering. 

It makes noises when you walk. 
Sometimes when you wake up, the night
Is calm and daunting, and the silence is large.
Large as myself.  I cannot see anything outside of it,
Outside of anything.  Sometimes when I am reading I

Hear it the most, but it does not scare me.  Noise scares
Me more than silence ever will, and silence is deafening,
And darkness is not, and everything is still.

In silence, you can hear me scream, but you cannot hear me
Whimper.
That is where the realness lies, in your sleep and in
Your dreams.

No comments: