Monday, December 25, 2017

Animals Posing For Pictures.

Animals Posing For Pictures

The snow bird posed for my camera
One foggy Christmas Eve,
And my children were not living with me
Anymore.  It was snowy white and had

Speckled eyes, and I looked at it and it
Looked back at me in wonderment,
As if it had not seen my kind before.

Then there was the reindeer was licking
The sidewalk for salt, and I took a picture
Of him, too, with my smartphone camera.

My brother had taught me how to use it three
Years ago, and now I am a pro, posting selfies
Of myself every damn chance I get.
I suppose I think animals would like to take
Selfies of themselves, too, if they had hands.

The reindeer reminded me of Bambi,
And I hoped he had somewhere nice and warm
To go to.  I hope he was getting enough food to
Eat.

I went inside to get some nuts, and when I came
Back out, both the animals were gone.
But I have the pictures to remember them by and
That is saying enough for now.

So tomorrow I will post them on facebook and hope
I will get a few likes, even though I do not care
About likes at all.  It’s just something to remember

The animals by.

No comments: