Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Love From a Distance.

Love From a Distance

“I have to love you from a distance,”
I said, as I smacked my lips on a piece of
Bubble gum.  This was how it was and how
It always shall be, a little like an apple
Falling from a tree.  Destiny is far from reach;
Some people never obtain it.  Look at life as if it
Is going to bop you in the eye because you don’t
Understand anything else.  Once you said,
“Why don’t you love me?”  But you never loved
Me back in the way that you were supposed to
Love me, as if I were no one else alive in this
Crazy, mixed up world with its crazy mixed up
Rules.  Nobody said it was going to be perfect
But it has got to be better than the alternative,
Something you don’t seem to quite understand.
The letter of it is that nothing is quite the same
And that everything is turned backwards;
Everything is turned inside out and I don’t know
Anything about anything except what I know.
Things aren’t always quite what they seem,
But sometimes they are and you have to get used to them
Before things change and you don’t know what
You are doing or where you are going and nothing
Is ever the same again.
All it is is you are my long lost friend and I miss you,

Far away and forgotten.  I am miserable without you.

No comments: