Sunday, February 18, 2018

Incident At the Barbershop.

Incident At the Barbershop

Tomorrow is not like it was today.
Yesterday is gone but today is not.
You told me you were going down to the
Barber shop for a haircut, but you came
Back ten minutes later, crying your
Eyes out because you had made enemies
Of the barber.
He wasn’t very nice, you said.
I asked you to give me specifics,
But you insisted the cause was not just,
That it was just better to keep it to
Yourself.
I didn’t bother you after that, because
You seemed so distraught.
I can make out everything in my mind,
The way you must have sounded when
You spoke to the barber,
And the way you must have fled,
Crying, from the barbershop.
I never liked the barbershop, either,
It was as if you were losing a piece of
Yourself that you could never get back.
One day, maybe you will tell me,
And tomorrow will begin as if it had not
Stopped, and yesterdays were not promised,

And all endings will begin again.

No comments: