Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Shadows of Myself.


Shadows Of Myself.

The shadows of myself are
Torn of grief,
That is better than the age that is slowing,
That is better than the tides
Running.
All alone, in myself, I seek the darkness
In the dark,
And the moon glitters like a cloud.
All around me, the wind mourns,
And time spins like a clock.
I am going, I am going,
Everything is hard against the light.
Sometimes I write until dawn breaks;
Sometimes I write until the shadows
Turn, and the animals come out to play,
Like the jackrabbit and the skunk,
Sniffing its trail of tears. 
All along the darkness, things tire,
Things awaken, and nothing is burnt of
Ashes, things are lit with stone.
I am a tired old man who cannot sing
A tune,
I am a tired old man who is on the radio,
Like a darning needle that has lost
Its shine. 
This thought is upon me, that I am waking,
And shadows fade;
Then light is thrust in the dark.

No comments: