Thursday, July 19, 2018

On Puppies.


On Puppies

The puppies climb stairs.
I climb as if I would never climb again.
You said you were not coming,
That you were going outside of the house.
How the puppies climb the stairs is
Beyond me, because I don’t know how they
Are able to do it.  It forces me to
Take deep, calming breaths as if I could
Never breathe again, or never breathe
Outward, anyway, whichever comes first.
My thoughts come in fast as lightning.
I am dreaming beyond a realm of thinking,
When puppies climb on stairs, they are
So fucking gosh darn cute,
That I can’t help but think about anything else.
I wish I were a puppy.
I wish I were cute and cuddly.
I wish I were a lot of things, especially calm
And happy, when inside I am screaming and screaming
To be heard,
And then there is a space in the darkness
Where I can breathe in through my nose,
And the puppies are climbing stairs,
And I am climbing, too.

No comments: