Tuesday, May 15, 2018

THE NIGHT.


The Night

The calm is like the night.
My eyes are bitter as a storm.
This dream seems to be neverending.
Nothing is caught in the web.
I have not heard or seen it in a dream,
This web I have made myself.
I am caught in it, help!  I have made
Myself appear bitter in the eyes of others.
I do not see bliss as a mode of myself.
I do not see time as a way to heal things.
Once something is broken it is broken.
You cannot heal it now or then.
When you miss something you miss it forever.
Sometimes hearts and minds cannot be shaped
To be what you wish.
I hear the echo in the wind.  Sometimes it makes me
Think of you.
There’s a void in my heart that you left,
A long time ago when I had dreams,
But now I have none and I don’t care.
The lesson is not in the dreaming.
I don’t care what others perceive of me.
Sometimes you just have to let things go.
I have not awakened to the time of things.
Dreams are broken now, they are like yesterday.

No comments: