Wednesday, May 09, 2018

MY DEAR ROBIN.


Robin

The robin was throwing leaves
Out of the water
As if he were picking up trash
On the side of a highway
Some people like to pick up
Trash and I hail those kinds
Of people
As if they were the only
People living on this faithless
Planet
This planet that throws animals
And people away like they
Are nothing and
I can see why most people
Act like they are nothing
And will be nothing
Until the day they
Are buried in a cemetery
With its hard tombstones
And flowers strewn
About like radishes
Animals making nests
In bushes put in by
The caretaker
And family members leaving
Flowers by their graves
When I die I want someone
To pick up trash in my memory
As if I hadn’t done it at all
During my lifetime
Maybe I should start doing it now.
Just like the robin.

No comments: