Saturday, May 05, 2018

AS WE KNOW IT.


As We Know It

Life as we know it is strangely misshapen into a pair
Of oxymorons that cannot be escaped or obtained.
Destruction has a mind of its own and creates craters
Where there are none.
Everything is simply solidified into broken parts,
Strewn onto the highways of doubt.
It’s something I don’t know the answer to.
I don’t know the answer to anything,
About the green grass growing or the time of day.
I don’t know who created the sundial or why it
Was created.
I don’t understand the simplicity of anything.
In the dreams of our kind, we strive to be better
Than yesterday, but some people are already there
And I envy them the way a crocodile envies an ice
Cream cone on a long hot day at work.
Strewn about the highway of self-doubt.
Strewn about the occurrences of yesterday.
I am beginning to think about the tides of things
And how light bends and waves.
Destruction is self-annihilation. 
Learn to better yourself in the process.

No comments: