Tuesday, May 15, 2018

DAYTIME.


Daytime

My heart weeps for you in the daytime,
As well as at night.
I thought I could get over it by talking to someone
New,
But it hasn’t helped me yet.
My heart is yearning for the turning of the tides,
When things will go my way and I will be happy.
But sometimes the hunger gnaws at my stomach
And I have to go away and make little green paper.
The little green paper helps me buy food.
It is a treat to my stomach.
I wish it wasn’t so, but it is in the minds of the government
To make it so and I cannot stand up to the masses.
I’m sorry, my love, but my love for you is not so great
That I am willing to risk the goodness of food in my
Belly.
My heart yearns for the yeast bread, the doughnuts,
The veggies and greens.  I am aching, my love,
To hold you in my heart and in my heart you will
Remain, because I am too scared to give up this
Thing called food.  I must go.



No comments: