Sunday, November 19, 2017

How To Break a Promise.

How To Break a Promise

This is the man that breaks the promise,
The time that is forgotten before the man.
Hope is not a withered stem of roses,
That glitters between the thorns.
We make leaps and bounds and sometimes
Fly through the sky on rocket ships,
And the quietness is so great that it makes
A loud boom-a sonic boom, if you will,
That gravitates towards a blackhole.
The understanding of time is nothing more
Than a blank page of misunderstanding,
I thought I was a scientist yesterday but today
I am a human being.  Or maybe I am an alien,
Trapped in a veil of withered veins,
An old man on his last life.  Sometimes he screams,
Sometimes he cries, sometimes he doesn’t realize
He is doing these things.  His arms and hands
Are a mesh of simple things,
And my dreams are hoped with vines.
The ravine is deep and dark and I can swim in its
Depthness.  Sometimes I can see my hand in front of
My face, other times I can’t even breathe.  The withering
Of time is broken, just like all those broken promises
And yesterdays that turned into storms of youth-
The rain was pitter-pattering on the ground,
The glass, the roof.  I couldn’t find my gloves until
Late January, they were packed, hidden, in the attic
Upstairs, and it took me so long to find them that I almost
Gave up.  But I bounced back and went outside in the cold,

And it felt exhilarating.  

No comments: