Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I don't want to lose you, my love.


I don’t want to lose you,
My love.
You who wanders in my life
Like a fish on the sea.
You who are great in your
Vastness; who is missing
In my arms.
I don’t want to lose your light,
Or the tender way you hold me close;
Just like a tender thought,
Just like something that once
Held its breath.
The rhythm is in the waves
Of the sea.
The ocean mocks my sorrow;
For you are the only one I love,
Not the ocean.
The ocean and the sea are mocking.
I do not hold onto the night.
It is dead and gone.
Tenderly, I weep; like shadows
Thrown in sorrow.
I keep your heart near me.
It is the end to all things.
The beginning and the end,
Everything is near.
Frequently I wait for your decision,
Because I beg for your affection.
Oh bitterly I weep like a surrounding
Forest, the meadow has not fallen.
She thinks she knows me.
She does not know.
The light wanders in the night
Like a lone seal,
Thrown out to sea like a lamb.
I don’t want to lose what love
I have.

No comments: