Friday, March 02, 2018

DESTINY.

Destiny

I’ve found that destiny comes on all fours,
Especially at night when the wind moves in
The trees, and the sky is spread like a giant
Bowl above me.  Nothing else matters but hell
And high water.  Some people’s words melt
Like butter on my tongue and I think I know
But I don’t know.   My mother told me never
To gossip about anybody but that doesn’t really
Work, it doesn’t really show anything about
Anyone.  The stress is astronomical.  I know
This guy who recently got his car back and he’s
Been talking about it for months, as if the car
Is the greatest thing alive.  I didn’t think it was.
I thought sex was.  It rolls on the tongue, doesn’t it?
“That’s how we roll,” my friend said late one September
Morning as he and his family were driving down
The street in their Mercedes, watching the children
Come out of their houses and play in the streets,
Watching the dogs lick their crotches.  This is how
We play, this is how we roll, this is how we do
Anything these days, with ease, I’m guessing,

Though I don’t really know anything about that.

No comments: