Tuesday, August 07, 2018

WHY DADDY HAS TO EXPLAIN TO ME ABOUT MONEY.


Why Daddy Has To Explain To Me About Money

Daddy,” I says, “what is it about you that makes
you want to go out and achieve your dreams?”
Persistence,” he replies, “and eggs.” He laughs.
Eggs?” I say in surprise.
Yes, everyone has to eat, pumpkin.”
I try to wrap my brain around what he has
just said to me.
What do you mean?” I asks. “Don't we all
get to eat? You and Mommy buy
food at Walmart every week.”
Don't forget we go to Kroger sometimes,”
he adds.
What about the people in Africa?”
All around the world,” he explains,
taking me on his lap, “people are starving.”
What does starving mean?”
It means you don't have enough money
to buy food.”
Where do you get that money?”
You have to get a job,” he explains.
Like the place where you and Mommy
work?”
Yes,” he answered. “Exactly like that.”
I'm not sure what he meant by money,
but he was too tired to explain any more
and lay down to go to sleep.


No comments: