Thursday, August 09, 2018

BEAUTIFUL GREECE.


Beautiful Greece circa 1987

The window overlooks a balcony.
It is morning.
I go outside still in my pajamas and stare
up at the skyline,
a light shines through my window
in warm rays.
Everything happens in its own time,
I guess,
but that doesn't mean I can't be
impatient.
The solitude staggers me.
I try not to be bitter because that just isn't
like me but it's hard to explain
something like that to a two-year-old,
who is always asking “Why? Why?”
and tagging along behind her dog,
a Saint Bernard,
who is kind as he is large.
There isn't anything better than a child
with chubby cheeks and sweet hair,
and a dangling booger now and then.
It is the best life there is.
It is like no other.
I can't tell what I'm doing anymore.
I don't know the way down the path.


No comments: