Wednesday, August 29, 2018

AFTER ALL OF THIS.


AFTER ALL OF THIS

After all of this, the clouds form and take
shape in the darkening day.
The lobsters play on the beach
walking back and forth up
and down the sand dunes.
The waves pick up, and
bounce on the sharp rocks.
The night is blessed. My love
is bitter and angry that I am
not with him; that he is
far away. The beach house
is around the corner but I am
sitting on my towel,
looking out at the ocean and
watching the tides come in,
watching the ocean.
The wind is an angry monster,
trying to take hold of the ocean
and seize it as if it were in battle,
and I see a ship out on the water,
bouncing on the waves.
Up and down it goes, and no one
knows where it will stop,
and then the wind dies down,
and the ocean is like a mirror now,
calm in its wake.


No comments: