Monday, August 06, 2018

THE PARK.


The park is good for self-sacrifice.
I see the river flowing like a lava lamp.
It is utter blissful in its wake.
Temptations are not meant to be taken literally,
but if you want to go out on a limb,
do it and don't be mad.
I have found myself thinking about other
things besides me, like my boyfriend
or my mother,
who loves to call me in the evenings
while she is at work and talk about,
well,
anything.
Including how she goes to the laundry mat
and gets mad at the supervisor when
she doesn't get her correct change back.
It's not the point of destination that is
the truth in self-sacrifice,
it is something more visible than that,
a fleet of wind on the breeze,
a crying out of distant noise,
the taking hold of your breath,
shaking and shimmering in the cold.
I like the winter.
It makes me think of times when I was a child,
listening to the wind whine in the chimney,
building snowmen out in the front yard,
watching the snow fall from the trees.


No comments: