Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I'D LIKE TO FIND.

I'D LIKE TO FIND

I'd like to find my way in this place
of peace,
where darkness is not prominent,
and I can see my hand in front of my face.

Shadows are full and daunting.
I am not wanted here.
This world is not mine for the taking;
crows flock the land.

I see myself in ten years, on the verge
of life, on the verge of hysteria,
and I don't know what this is all about...
I don't know what I'm doing this for.

Is it for me? Is it for someone else?
Gladys the mule meets me every day after breakfast
from her stall in the backyard,
and the stall is cold and cruel as everyone else.

I can't begin to fathom what my mind can reach.
Is this a heaven's place, or is this hell? My mind is
numb, far-reaching. In this void I think I have
found my home.


No comments: