Monday, September 02, 2019

THE HIPPO SAYS TO TRY HARDER.

THE HIPPO SAYS TO TRY HARDER

I told myself I wouldn't dance at the wedding
because it would make me look like a goddamn
fool and usually it did because I wasn't always
kept up in appearance sometimes I dressed up
like a hobo to keep the other kids occupied

because I didn't know how to stand on my own
two feet and yesterday was gone just like that
and no more making people laugh but then a new day
was coming and I could make people laugh again
just like every day after that and then one time I

thought I saw a hippo waddling across the road on
my trip to Florida and it smiled at me and I thought
I heard it talk to me in my mind just like animals do
sometimes when they're trying to tell you something
that was rather important more so than necessary

or even quite extraordinary I thought to myself
maybe this wouldn't be such a bad gig after all
you know but maybe I could do a little better at it
and sometimes that's the only thing you need to do,
try harder next time.

No comments: