Thursday, August 29, 2019

THE LIGHT SHONE.


The light shone on the window glass.
Life is passing before my eyes.
I can't find myself listening to reason anymore.
I want to do what I want to do and what I

want to do alone.
My mom is knitting a sweater in the den.
It is getting colder outside.
It is autumn and it is time for baking pumpkin
bread and pumpkin cookies and making pumpkin
spice,

and time for Halloween and jack-o-lanterns and
everything in between.
I don't want Halloween to come.
I want to stay cooped inside though reading books
and watching television but meanwhile my life is
passing before me at each and every waking moment,
and I try and try to put it back together before it falls apart

like it always does, as it is falling apart now,
I am going one way and life is going another.
This is how it is going to be from now on.
This is how it will be every waking moment of my day.
Me going one way and the world going another.

It is getting colder outside and I am painting a picture
of autumn leaves falling,
and my mind is not on anything else.

No comments: