Monday, September 24, 2018

ALL THESE WOMEN.



I hate all of these women who
think they are God's gift to men,
when they don't even know what it
takes to be human.
Are they a coward? Lying about where
they've been, who they are seeing?
I don't really understand it,
anymore than I can think about it.
Laura, Emily, Mary, they all claim
the men they fell in love with,
are in love with them,
but then they don't give them enough sex,
and they come crawling back to me,
where they wanted to be in the first place.

Everyone is in love with me,
but I am alone.
My heart is on my sleeve, I am begging for
a way out of this hell hole.
I interpret the shadows on blank walls,
I interpret the mass realization that nothing
is as bad as it seems.

My heart is overflowing.
I break open the tide that was once
called my life,
and nothing is sacred as it was before.
I am calm. I am whole. Nothing
can harm me.

No comments: