Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Today, This Morning.


Today is the day I am going
To better myself for the people around me.
Today the day is nice and calm,
And a breeze is blowing.
I sit outside on my patio, watching
The birds go from tree branch to tree
Branch, their song filling the quiet
Morning air.

It is morning, have I mentioned that?
The sun shines above me like a pinched
Nerve, always glowing, like a big star.
The air is glowing, too.

I feel like I can conquer anything,
Including the depths of my own heart,
The heart that beats regularly inside my chest,
And there is a parade because it is summer,
And the night will be vast,
And I am vast with it.

The air is still, stiller than my heart,
And the rhythm of the wind is rhythmical.
Something is not in the way of us,
Not in the way, we go forward, always
Moving, stiller than breath.

No comments: