Monday, June 25, 2018

HOT AIR.


Hot Air

The hot air balloon soars through the
Air like a majestic bird on its wings.
Shadows fall on the ground from it,
And people come out of their houses to
Stare at it, and children come, and the
Elderly and even the president.
All they do is stare at the hot air balloon,
Soaring so fast, breathing air like a dragon.
My boyfriend told me I was exactly like
A dragon,
As if I could pour fire through my nostrils
Every second,
As if I could fly on majestic wings like
A great big animal,
A lizard, no doubt, but that’s not the
Problem.  I can’t do any of those things
Without help,
Because people do not have wings,
They have airplanes and brains to make
The airplanes,
And I have a boyfriend and I live in a house,
And I like to garden,
And sometimes I go out for dinner at night.
Still, it flies, like a dragon, and the dragon
Is me, because I have the power to use my
Heart and my mind and make the right decisions.

No comments: