Thursday, April 26, 2018

SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT.


Shadows of the Night

Shadows fade and bend like stones.
I am here and I am gone.
I am withered like a vine.
The day and night wind down.
Tomorrow is just a wicked curse.
I have wanted and withered in wear.

Everything is burdened by my harpoon.
Shadows move again against the tide.
Night and day are my friends.
The moon is a silver tray above me.
I am adhering to the special tails of blue.
A coon walks over my patio furniture,
Looking for its meal.
Tender is the night.

Tender is the night that’s mine.
I have faded to none so fast as yesterday.
I wasn’t quite so harsh as the sky.
You are gone.  The night is not.
Some things are better left unsaid.
Some books are better left on the shelf.
I am gone and I am not.

The night is bitter as it is real.

No comments: