Monday, July 31, 2017

SAD PEOPLE.

SAD PEOPLE

Sad people make me angry
            I don’t understand their terrible sadness.
Trapped in a drug-induced stupor;
Shadowed by their own selfish longings.
            I don’t understand the wicked ways
Of the world or their terrible longings.
                        I suppose a reflection would be necessary,
But not warranted.
            Take into heart the reasonings of all self-doubt.
I want to take a stand on the problems of the world,
            Like homelessness, or the feelings of being trapped in a loveless world.
I have become a sacrifice to the gods,
            The gods of men wearing thongs, the gods of greed-
Greed stands in the way of common sense.
I hope goodness is not trapped.
            I try not to stand in the way of anyone else’s burden,
But more often than not my confidence is destroyed, and I have to see the way
The world is the way it is.  Like, why war?  Why anything?

                        That is the entrapment.  That is the world in which we live.

No comments: