Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Jasper's Place, a short play



Jasper:  How long did it take you to get here?
Sam:  About fifteen minutes.
Jasper:  That’s not too bad, is it?
Sam:  No, it’s not.
Jasper:  Do you want to go fishing?
Sam:  No, it’s freezing out there!  I wouldn’t go fishing for a million dollars in this weather.
Jasper:  You’re crazy.  It’s not cold out.  (he grabs his coat from off the coach and puts it on.)  There.  Now, I’m ready.
Sam:  I thought we were going to hang out, not go ice fishing?
Jasper:  I’m not going ice fishing, I’m going regular fishing.
Sam:  Oh, that makes a big difference.  Let’s have some beers.
Jasper:  Okay, but going ice fishing is better than a beer.
(Sam gaasps.):  Oh, no, you did not just say that!
Jasper:  I did and I mean every word of it.
Sam:  You take that back!
Jasper:  I will not.
Sam:  Yes, you will.  Take it back, I said!
(The front door opens and closes.  A teenager steps inside the house.  She has long, dark hair and blue eyes.)  Hi, Dad.
Jasper:  Hi, pumpkin.
Sara:  Don’t call me pumpkin, you know I hate that.
Jasper:  None of your friends are around.
Sara:  That’s true, that’s true…why do you have your coat on, are you going somewhere?
Jasper:  I was going to go ice fishing, but Sam wouldn’t let me.
Sam:  It’s for your own good.

No comments: