Sunday, May 26, 2019

SHADOWS.

SHADOWS IN DISTANCE

Shadows fade on the stone.
Just like yesterday when life is
a token of things I couldn't find
in greed and redemption
just like losing yourself and losing
you

and what it's worth
I never knew anything
but the sad and broken lies
full of shattered things
and broken wings

like a mirrored image of
dark
I wallow in self-pity
in the night of the light
I am not the worry-filled
terribly burdened by my
will alone
into the heart that's where
you met

I can't find reason to end this
you and of me
and bitter and alone
I can't forage through
the darkness
when night is bent on time

and so are the you and I
and I gave myself a light
to see by
but nothing is more worrisome
than despair

and the hate that surrounds me
the you and I
in talk in code
and you're no longer there
but I am
and you're here

No comments: