Monday, March 04, 2019

SOUND.


SOUND

The sound of the wind is scary
like a little old lady crying
in the cold
the sound it makes when
the world is dreaming
and I am
no longer awake
and I forgot to make things
happen again and again
like trying to join a band
or doing my taxes
maybe I think I'll do a better job
next year
and one day the population
will learn how to read
and I will be able to get a better
job and afford some new diapers
when I decided to have a baby
and not do anything
with my life at all
and most people are doing things with
their lives like going to college
and having a family
and following their dreams
but what is a dream when people are
starving and unconcerned about the
environment in which we live
and nobody cares about anything
except the blank clock
the sun moves and it bends
and time is in waves
like the waves of the ocean
and wounds stand still
and I cannot think or move.
I am a mannequin.
I live a life that is lost.

No comments: