Sunday, December 09, 2018

THE PROJECTS.

THE PROJECTS

In the projects I am wakened by
the sound of gunshots
down the street
the bitter wind is blowing
and I cannot see the back of my hand
in the deep night.
Shadows jump all around me
and the cold winter is upon us
just like shaped things that move like
time.
Thoughts are willed, stilled.
I am holding onto a breathless moment
that is caught in a spiderweb of dew,
like the forgotten shadows of March
I commit myself to the act of sorrow,
the broken bones of night.
I cannot hear myself breathe.
They are listening, like moving things,
and sometimes you can hear them-
skulking about in the stillness,
a man moving in his slumber.
I found myself on borrowed time.
Like a web of dreams that lie
awake at night and cause me to
scream in desperation,
shadows marching upon the stone.

No comments: