Monday, September 18, 2017

The Apple.

The Apple

The apple falls far from the tree.
It clunks to the ground with a resounding
Thunderous applause.  The sky is thick with dew.
I don’t know why I built my house made of stone,
I don’t know why the grass is thick with dew.
He is the man I love, without question, without
Thinking of anything else.  My car is parked in the driveway
Down the street, someone named Sam is homeless
In my neighbor’s yard.  He is a handsome man, with curly,
Black hair and large eyes.  I wonder why he doesn’t
Have a job.  I wonder about a lot of things.  Sometimes,
People do not have enough money to make ends meat.
Sometimes, people make too much and end up throwing
Their lives away.  I calculate the reasons for this, but some
Things are not as simple as you think they are.  I wish it was so.
No one even likes apples anymore.  They like chocolate, soy,
And pizza.  I used to eat pizza every day on my way to work.
Then I got a large stomach.  Then my head grew even larger,
And I was puking on the grass.  I used to live in the middle
Of a street, that was large and tall, and the words I spoke
Were not quite so good.

The apple can sometimes speak.

No comments: