Monday, September 04, 2006

update-finally!!!

I am sorry I have not updated in like a month. I moved to North Carolina at the end of July, and I have not been able to get online much.

Well, let's see, what has been happening? "Dark Animus" accepted two of my poems for publication. It is an Australian horror magazine. I get a free contributor's copy.

I have been writing my YA horror novel for the last week, and have managed to write 23,000 words. My goal is to reach 40,000 words, I hope I can make it. I would be satisfied with 27,000 words if I could not think of anything else to write. I usually write the story until I can't think of anything else to add to it.

I am going to have a poem published here soon: www.alittlepoetry.com

Today I heard back from a publisher called Lemon Shark Press, they said they are accepting manuscripts of regional literary fiction, but I don't think any of my manuscripts fit that description. However, they have published poetry books, maybe I can convince them to look at mine. It would be better than going with an e-publisher, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you're back online :)

I don't know if I can write such a long and hefty story. Even if I do, it would take a lifetime. I guess we can expect lots of blood, vampires, and all those gorry suff in your story ;) Sure, I'll check your new poem at the site soon. Your poems never dissapoints the casual readers. Wish you all the best wih your upcoming publications...

desmond

PS.

hope you're enjoying the warm weather...!!

Apryl said...

Hi, Desmond,

Thank you for the reply. :) "Into the Dark" is more of a ghost story, and there are no vampires hehe. Maybe eventually I will write about vampires, my friends like to write about stuff like that. How goes your writing?